Thursday, March 02, 2006

Unsentimental me thinks this is rather sweet

[Meg] Ryan, 44, said her time away from Hollywood was not only to focus on herself, but also to help others. To that end she began working with an international organization called CARE, which is dedicated to wiping out poverty in the poorest corners of the world by building up bonds between women.

She also adopted her baby girl from China, which fulfilled a dream that began 10 years ago. But Ryan first wanted to wait until her son Jack, 13, with Quaid, was older.

Ryan first named the girl Charlotte, but quickly realized that name didn't fit her and changed it. "I thought she was Charlotte and she's just not," Ryan said. "She's a Daisy. She's got the most open, beautiful, honest face you'll just ever see."



Spoken like a true mom in love. I don't know about you, but it helps me forget the nanny baby toter, Quaid, Crowe, and awful plastic surgery perpetual fake youth stuff just a little.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that, it's a lovely story. I love the idea that she has changed her idea of what her daughter's name is. I've always found it slightly odd that people choose the name so far in advance of meeting their child. I know when I was born my parents were going to call me Sophie, adn then they decided that I didn't look like a Sophie!

DD said...

It's a good thing she didn't think she had the face of a deceitful, troll baby. She would've had to change her name to Thistle...