Friday, November 16, 2007

Drive by

My goal this month was to not succumb to doing a meme. However, this time I was randomly tagged in a drive by and figure it is appropriate to do this, particularly since I've already done the work for it. It fits my Oddities theme I started last week, so it's my second of three planned posts on this ever fascinating topic. heh

I was randomly tagged by Not Fainthearted through NaBloPoMo. Pay her a visit.

Rules:
1- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2- Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
3- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

These are my seven+ random oddities. Thank goodness I've been working on this concept for weeks. It is hard to dig up so much weird stuff that you're trying hard to suppress!

1) I loathe the movie, "The Princess Bride," and feel as if I am the only one in the world. In turn, one of my favorite movies is "Death to Smoochy" and everybody else pans it.

2) I used to do what ex called a 'shut down procedure' every time I turned off the car. I would make sure all the buttons and controls were off for when I started the car next time. It drove him crazy. Now that we're no longer together, I no longer do it. Go figure.

3) I will often bite my nails to trim them. I know, it's a bad habit. I will begin on one hand, always the left. At one point in the process, I have all short nails on one hand and all long on the other. I remember, with my first realization of the phenomena, waking up from a big drunk in college and being amazed at what I'd done to my nails the night before. (Black out, anyone?)

4) I am a champion at breaking lamps. I don't know how I do it, but lamps just fall over and short out around me, with no influence of alcohol what so ever. My bedside table just went this week. The other side is already broken at the base, but I use it anyway. Part of the problem may be that too many were from Ikea, Cheap Lamp Headquarters.

5) When I was in college, I worked flipping pizza. I love the feel: smacking the dough between my arms and twirling it in the air. I get jealous whenever we go to a NY Style stone oven pizzeria and see the pizza makers. It is my dream job.

6) Absent minded, I aim my car remote at the front door of my house as if it would unlock it, too.

7) I am a sucker for yarn and have enough for dozens of half-finished projects. Same goes for fabric and quilting.

Bonus 8) I should join this NaBloPoMo group, but I literally can't go there.

Bonus 9) I contemplate whether I can stop posting daily when December rolls around.

These seven lucky individuals are randomly tagged :
Elizabeth Coplan
Serenity
Not Nigella
nancy
TK
Audra Silva
Sassy

Check them out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thanks for playing and stopping by my place!!!

I especially like #6. Never tried that one myself, but I have pointed the TV remote control at the car trying to unlock it.

(I cannot explain that one.)

brite69 said...

1) I loathe the movie, "The Princess Bride," and feel as if I am the only one in the world. In turn, one of my favorite movies is "Death to Smoochy" and everybody else pans it.

I have written that sentence quite a few times. I absolute adore Death To Smoochy and I abhor
The Princess Bride. Everyone asks me how I can hate that movie. I respond by telling them that it's easy and they should watch the movie to see what I mean. o_O

Elizabeth Coplan said...

Thanks for tagging me. Seriously, I mean it. I joined NaBloPoMo to circulate my Blog and this is a great way to do that. I will post my meme on Sunday (is that okay?)

Cheers & I enjoy your site!

Elizabeth at A Wild Ride

Anonymous said...

Cricket : thanks for the tag - but I've already done this meme !

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag, I'll do the meme tomorrow, it was great to read your answers, and if it helps at all, I think The Princess Bride was totally overrated!