Wednesday, April 13, 2005

When shopping bites

On to the location... Is it not only bad enough that it's in the dreaded grocery store?

On to the feelings... I find buying tampons insulting. I purchase these items so that I am prepared each month to never be pregnant again. If that is the case, couldn't the works just politely shut off?

On to the price... Since when are el cheapo Tampax tampons over $6? My environmental self prefers the cardboard, so I don't even go for the expensive ones with the plastic applicators.

On to the bargain... Today at the grocery store, Tampax were on sale from $6.49 down to $3.99. With tears in my heart, I bought 4 boxes. Count 'em: 160 reminders that I'm not pregnant.

And that just covers the next couple months. Old as I am, I still have years to go and lots of dollars pour into a rejected utilization.

2 comments:

Cricket said...

I've tried them; I like how they flower open to stop leakage. Except they're so small, so I get leakage.

I get ones like that and one other brand (I forget which; it does have plastic applicators - and I find those pointy plastic ends tend to pinch rather painfully, while I'm on the topic) to be shortie ones fitting/hiding easily in my purse.

Ever had the latent Tampax-like tampon in the purse, the wrapper gets the equivalent of shop worn, exposed tampon begins (unbeknownst) to float around in said purse, only to rear it's ugly cottony head at the most inopportune purse-open moment?

Wouldn't it be fun to plant a floating tampon purse trick at a place like Home Dep0t or Merchant'5, per my sexist post of a few days ago??? They'd never talk to another woman again, well, except they weren't anyway!

Liz said...

When I was a pre-teen (I got my first period at 10) my Mom bought me OB's to try (they were new then) as my first tampon experience. Believe me, the lack of applicator was very stressful to my younger self. I haven't been able to look at them with a straight face since!