Saturday, February 16, 2008

Saturday Scavenger Hunt: Temptation

Temptation for me right now translates into food. I had planned on walking through the grocery store and snap all the temptations I have to leave there. Because I forgot my camera, I regrouped and decided to do the lucious temptations I have here at home which are things I can/can't/maybe should eat.

Maybe...I'll lick the spoon after serving J a scoop.

Can, perhaps twice a day, as long as nosy B.eau gets to lick the lip of the container afterward.

Maybe, but do anyway... a sliced block with sliced apple wedges on Townhouse crackers for dinner. It is almost orgasmic.

Can - at only 75 calories per serving (1/4 of a container), it's even okay to slip up and eat a little more of this delicious stuff.

Can, although as the Gulpmeister, it's tough to stop at a reasonable amount.

Can - yogurt drink, cottage cheese, taboule, and tuna salad

Can't, although this is perhaps the best food in the whole world

Can and do often, despite how ridiculously expensive they are

By not doing the gooey grocery store temptations, I thankfully didn't put my blog into a diabetic coma. I also realize how many of my favorite treats and temptations are dairy. I think I get plenty of calcium.

I did my midweek weigh in Thursday and came up less that I have in 11 months. Hurray! It put me 3.5 lbs from my goal, pretty attainable by March 15. The bad news happened at my weigh in Friday, me wanting to break into the next decade down and sneaking in an extra session with the digital scale. Instead, the thing went boooooooinnnnnnnnng and would either measure me at 86.8 or 239.5, nothing in between.

I am now in the difficult position of having to purchase a new scale and having no reference point. Let's just say, if it weighs 3.5lbs less, I'll be happy. Otherwise, I am not sure how I can deal with it or jibe it with my overall goal. This is truly a monkey wrench. I am such a scientist, so specific about numbers ... okay, just let me go find something tempting to eat.

7 comments:

dawn224 said...

yay for dairy! all my temptations would be salty.

Anonymous said...

My downfall are carbs...I love my Italian pastas and pizzas...and thanks to my mom's baking prowess, I love all kinds of baked goods.

Anonymous said...

Oh! the whole scale thing makes me crazy. I can be sometimes a full 8 or 9 pounds different (usually heavier) at the Doc's office than at home...and I have a digital scale.

As for the pictures? Wow! Nice job. And these are all temptations for me as well...except for maybe the okra. LOL

Val said...

Ummm, fried okra...
But instead I just bought a huge pack of Activa yogurts @ the superstore...

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Dairy is good for you ... all that calcium making your bones nice and strong...
I have a few too many temptations... Snyder's Honey Mustard pretzel pieces.. yumm yumm

Cinnamon coffee cake... Yogourt, Maple Pecan Ice Cream, homemade cookies

Anonymous said...

Your temptations are very female!! (hehe) I like the way you handled it, as always. I am hardly ever tempted by dairy..."bad things man"

laura b. said...

Food...lead us not into temptation. Sometimes I get in the wicked sweet / salty cycle and the only way to break it is________ Someone, fill in the blank! ;-)