Friday, February 22, 2008

Um, how do I phrase this?

I have a friggin' date Saturday night!

It has been a long dry spell and I'm not sure if I'm more scared or ready.

He emailed me last weekend from the dating site and we wrote for a day or two, then have talked by phone a few times. The first time was for over an hour.

He works a flexible full time job and goes to law school, although that is down to two days a week. He's 52, divorced twice with no children.

We have all the right things in common, which is a relief.

We have disagreed on the phone and I find that a relief - a man with backbone enough to have a conversation and agree to disagree. I consider it carte blanche to actually say what I think and not be polite for the sake of things. We already discussed how we are not much for 'best behavior dating.'

Hopefully, we won't be snowed in on Saturday night. Hmmm, I wonder if he has a fireplace?

9 comments:

brite69 said...

I hope your date goes well! And I look forward to the possible update. :-P

Anonymous said...

oh, what fun! And I hope the date is too!!

Aunt Becky said...

Yay for dates!

Congrats!

Can't wait to hear about it later.

Tara said...

Woo hoo! Best of luck on the date! That's good that you two have stuff in common and have talked on the phone. Let us know how it goes?

Oh, and did you choose the word for tomorrow's Saturday Scavenger Shots?

fringes said...

Have fun and be yourself!

Val said...

The suspense, she is killing me!
I hope you have a great time...

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Have a great time!

Karen @ Stiletto

Anonymous said...

A night out.
How exciting for you!
I hope you have a great time and
really enjoy this gentleman's
company.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh! goody! I hope more than the weather is fair tonight.

have a wonderful time.