Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Concert night

We walked across the street to the school for the concert. Parking is always an issue and it is a short way. The two guys on the left are J's best buddies, the Pakistani brothers. They are both so bright and well behaved. The other guy is their cousin, who lives around the corner.

He's peeking out from under the far left black swag. I was so spoiled last time when he sat on the end. This time, the Beginner Strings brought up the rear, while the more experienced ones had front stage. I look forward to him moving forward.

This is called Happy Blues, very catchy.


As a demonstration of how far I've come, here's J with his sister - I wanted to say half-sister, but she is his sister. She and her mom sat with me for the concert. Her mom is basically a nice person, but she always manages to put her foot in her mouth about something pertaining to fertility. Never fails. I try not to be pissed and always hold my tongue. I mostly let it fall flat. Ba dum bum. However, she is raising a lovely daughter. And I guess my son, too.

7 comments:

Churlita said...

Adorable siblings.

I loved it when my daughter finally got to high school and all those years of violin playing, sounded so lovely at their orchestra concerts.

Val said...

What a great photo -- now if only I could be as big-hearted as you, to call Z's adoptive half-brother simply his "brother"...

brite69 said...

I don't think I'll ever be able to bring myself to refer to my ex-husband's... Step-kids (he's not married to their mom, but he's essentially their father) as Alex's brothers and sister as he does. He wa forced to call them that when Matt started living with the brood and now it seems to be habit. Pisses me off.

Absolutely adorable pictures! I really like the one of him peeking. Like he's looking to make sure you're still there. Too cute!

Is the video raelly only 2 seconds or is that my work computer only letting me SEE 2 seconds? I have a feeling it's the computer...

Cricket said...

Thanks everybody. It's taken a while to get here.

Brite, I think I uploaded the wrong video. She had a false start on the song and I think that's what I uploaded. Will try to fix shortly.

Anonymous said...

How come the kids don't have to tuck in anymore?

Glad the little guy enjoys it...looks like you are a proud mama.

Cricket said...

e-e,
He was gonna tuck with a belt, but we were running late (we went shopping for the shirt and had dinner) and didn't get to it. Sometimes clean is good enough! hehe

laura b. said...

What great pictures :-) I love the ones of your son with his pals and his sister especially.