Friday, May 23, 2008

More sugar

The doctor called with my bloodwork results. My fasting glucose was fine (94 with range of 65-110) and my hbA1c for diabetes (measures blood sugar over a month) is absolutely normal with a midrange 5. She was a little put out the lab did triglycerides again and said it's illegal to do it per my request (but I couldn't get a word in that the script wasn't clear), then said it's neither here nor there, so I didn't pursue it. However, it is 336, which is down by 200, but not down enough, as in 120.

So it means I do not have diabetes, I do not have to discontinue my sleeping meds, and I do not have to worry about the spike in triglycerides, as mine always run high. She's increasing my Armour Thyroid. I was taking 30 + 15mg, but didn't like the jitters of 30 + 30, so I requested to take 30 + 15 + 15. I'd already found that I could take 15 at bedtime even and not compromise sleep. I am to contact her again in a month and probably get more bloodwork: thyroid, cholesterol (which is supposed to go down with proper thyroid health and may have combined with the statin to give me my best numbers in 20 years), triglycerides, and glucose. It'll be a script in the mail, so not an in office draw.

I feel strongly that this won't be the last time blood sugars will be an issue, but I am damn sure about one thing. I will NEVER feel coerced into doing non-fasting bloodwork in the future. Their desire to draw in office does not trump my desire to not have to worry about false results.

Let that be a lesson to you, Cricket!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is well. What a pain.