Sunday, April 27, 2008

Restaurant fare

Here's a list of the top ten health conscious chain restaurants. There are some surprises, like Uno's, Macaroni Grill, and Olive Garden, generally high caloric chains with specialty menu items. In fact, they picture and feature the Olive Garden dish I found unsatisfactory due to the heavy, sticky sauce.

A blah kind of place, Bob Evans, scored high in part to grilled chicken and turkey on the kid's menu. Even though there's one close by, I usually would not even consider Bob Evans for a meal.

I know there's a P.F. Chang's around here; will need to try them next time for Asian. I try to stay away from Chinese because of the sodium, but it sounds like P.F. Chang's has some alternatives.

However, our perennial favorite is Ruby Tuesday for a gem not even mentioned : their salad bar. That is an overlooked asset.

Hope you enjoy the article as much as I did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have stopped caring. Life's too short to worry about everything. If it tastes good it is good. Matter of fact bring me more.

Me and my girl generally don't do chains anyway. We tend to have unique tastes when it comes to food.