Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Alone or in a crowd

I stumbled upon the following book, one described as charming.......



and I must wonder how much your cat or dog or fish or bird or kid sees you naked.

Around here, it's a lot. I live clothing optional at home. Believe it or not, I compute naked, so I guess you all are often with me naked. For shame!

When I go into chat online, sometimes I have to put on a shirt for appearances, because of the cam.

One couple at the website, who I have met twice, has offered me the opportunity to attend their nudist colony on the weekends. There was a special BBQ last weekend they emailed about specifically. I turned them down because of J, but I don't know how I would have handled it without an excuse.

Back in my youth and relative slenderness, I spent a summer on Mallorca going topless on the beach. It was very liberating and natural; I became much more European about the body, something that has faded, I fear. I'm sure it would be the same naturalness at their nudist club, but it sure would take nerve arriving at that action.

What are your thoughts on nudity? Public nudity?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

right now, at almost 7 months pregnant, I would LOVE to go to a nude beach or a colony because I feel I look great, in a few months I'll likely not feel the same way.

Aunt Becky said...

I say, why not? Why not?

laura b. said...

I guess it is just like they said on Seinfeld...there is good naked and bad naked :-)

brite69 said...

Uh... I've walked around my house once or twice all nude and what not, but I was COMPLETELY alone! (No, the cats don't count) I highly doubt anyone would like to see me walking around with ginormous stretch marks being the only decoration on my skin. Well, right now anyway. Back when I was all skinny and wore shorts public, I probably wouldn't think anyone would want to see me all nudified, but I know it wouldn't look ANYTHING like now, which would probably be the deciding factor. You know, if I had the ability to see myself in the future and all that.

Oh. And I glow in the dark and would probably blind anyone who happened to see me nudirific in any type of lighting. o_O

Brigitte Ballard said...

Next time I am in the south of France I'll totally go topless again. I might as well... I am NOT famous, and no one would know me.

Plus swimming topless just rocks!

NoRegrets said...

Naked is good. I lived in Germany for a year and got over any lingering body scared-ness. And really, I think any body is interesting - noone is really UGLY. I really don't care if people see me naked.

Anonymous said...

There are some things that are definitely better left unseen.

There would have to be rules.

Well-heeled mom said...

Go for it!

Churlita said...

I used to model for art classes in college. The year I turned 40, I had a professor ask me if I would model for his drawing group. I was a little hesitant, but I did it and it was totally fine. I think the idea is always scarier than the actual experience.