Sunday, June 08, 2008

Show and Tell: Pile o'

Hey! A new weekend feature! I will show a photo and tell a story about it on Sundays. Pretty simple concept, per the ever creatively prodding Mel at Stirrup Queens. It's a new item for her and she's inviting everyone to join in.


I love a pile o'. And I love babygoooooats. I took this picture at a local public farm a few weeks ago when showing Lyd around. Tickled is the best word to describe me finding a pile o' goats happy to be photographed. I wrote about piles o' before and have collected many more from online that I haven't posted yet.

Although my cats get along beautifully, I doubt we'll have a pile o' all them anytime soon. This is the closest I've gotten with three of four - Be.au, Spenc.er, and Sylv.ie.

I have an online friend who is on cam in chat. She knows how I love piles o' and she will train her cam to her bed, which often features a couple dobies, a min pin, and a kid all wallowing together... a live action pile o'! I just giggle at the wonder of it. She even has two week old kittens now, but they're not ripe for anything but piles o' bitties right now.

10 comments:

DC said...

I LOVE piles 'o animals! We were at a party last night on an estate with chickens and goats and there were piles o' farm animals everywhere! I was in heaven!! :)

Cricket said...

What a great opportunity for a fix!

Anonymous said...

I can personally do without piles of baby animals or piles of animal piles.

You chicks love that sort of thing.

JuliaS said...

LOL - how fun!

How do you feel about piles'o laundry?? I could jet you plenty of those - dirty, clean - you name it!

I think sometimes they have the right idea - hanging out is best done in piles.

AwkwardMoments said...

Look how stinkin cute. I just love black kitties ANd goats!

Lee said...

Here via Mel's Show and Tell.

Very cute pile'o photos!!

Tara said...

Yikes those are adorable photos! I love baby goats too, and that is a nice pile of them.

Your cats have such beautiful, shiny fur!

Anonymous said...

Popping by from Mel's Show and Tell.

I love a pile 'o. We have lambs that pile 'o together for a snooze on the rock out back while their moms graze in the pasture.

VA Blondie said...

The pictures are great! The pile o' goats is just too funny!
Every now and again we get a pile o' two Great Danes. Two great danes can make a large pile. They take up a lot of room.

Val said...

Ohmigod - I will do my best to post pix of a pile o' baby mice...
[They are cute but obviously we will be searching out pet-quality homes for 'em...]