Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Visitor a coming

Lyd made reservations today. She'll be here in about 10 days. She'll stay at a mutual friend's for a few days, too - the friend who was the birthday girl a few weeks ago. Lyd has family and friends a few hours from here and will rent a car for a swing through a couple states.

Because they decided to let school out two days early due to extra snow days, I have a couple extra days to entertain J. I decided to go to a few historic towns, roots of our country: Williams.burg, James.town, and York.town. We descend from the first ship of Africans who arrived in James.town in 1617 and I hope they highlight that at the museum, as they were considered to have saved the colony. We'll also go to a big water park near there and the next day go over to Mont.icello. J is very excited by that, as he descends from TJ's grandfather.

We are such history geeks, but I am thrilled my son likes to share things with me.

So, I'd told Lyd about our trip and she asked if she could come along. I needed to think about it, as I've been wanting a trip with just J and I. In the end, I knew she would enjoy it, too, and they would enjoy each other, so we're going to have a platonic trip around the countryside.

I am close to being back to where I was before the trust issue. She has been very mindful and considerate. Lyd is an incredibly thoughtful person and it mortifies her to alter someone's autonomy. I told her yesterday that she is a coconut like me, hard on the outside, but mush on the inside. I think I like her mush. Gosh, she is attentive, but balanced and considerate about it. My ad says something about being wooed mostly because I was tired of doing all the work and of moving to the hang out friends mode too quickly. Lyd, however, takes it to heart, as she is a caretaker through and through. It's nice to feel taken care of for once.

I will readily admit that I am holding back myself about her (and many things); I would like to take the governor off.

3 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

Have a lovely trip, Cricket. It sounds amazing.

Anonymous said...

Have fun. Enjoy the company and the trip.

brite69 said...

I'm glad to hear things have worked out for the most part concerning her. I had been wondering about that.

Have a great trip! I'll be thinking of you guys and all the FUN you're having as I hole myself up in the base. :-/