Saturday, June 21, 2008

Show and Tell: My Favorite Park

This is a guided tour of my favorite park, courtesy of Mel's Show n Tell. It is located perhaps an hour away, but I still try to go a few times each summer. It is also where I often take out of town guests.

Here are some of its features.

Inside the conservatory...





Inside the butterfly exhibit...




I love this guy's face. Click to enlarge.

This one looked like a bird flying around. Look at the size of its body!
These are a beautiful Wedgewood blue when open, but they're almost impossible to photograph open.



This was one ugly flower who took a beautiful picture.

It's always fun to find the mating ones!
I think this is a rather minimalist composition.

Outside the butterfly exhibit...





I hope you enjoyed the tour of one of my favorite places. You can't imagine the folders of pictures I, um, weeded out!

7 comments:

Monica Cassani said...

those pictures are utterly fantastic....I enjoyed them almost as much as if I'd been there!!

thanks so much!

Ron Southern said...

Lord, what could ever be better than to climb on top of a woman you love or even just a very hot woman of the moment in the butterfly exhibit!!! Whoever gets to be on top gets the benefit of all the butterfly flutters on his or her naked skin! Sex or Erotica, who cares about the names?

Anonymous said...

Those are all very nice. Use some of them as a basis for which to paint from. Very colorful and very lively. The butterflies, though pretty, always make me itch. Bugs.

Alyson and Ford said...

Beautiful pictures - made me want to run there right now!

Alyson LID 01/27/06 (IA China)

JuliaS said...

What a fabulous place! The pictures are absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing. :0)

Joanna said...

WOW - How beautiful. I can see why you enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

I love that Park it looks like a wonderful place to go especially when you need a place to be with yourself. Thanks for sharing.
Kim