Sunday, May 25, 2008

Park instead of ride

There was so much rumbling for so many days that, when the big Rolling Thunder day came, I was spent, all rolled out. My only regret is not having a mess of new pictures.

I did wind up with some good ones from yesterday when Norma, J, and I went to walk in one of my favorite parks. Going there was my main goal for the weekend; so glad to have come through on that.




J and Norma are partners in crime. They egg each other on, then put me in the middle as I scream like a girl, "DO NOT PUT ME IN THE MIDDLE." J is at his sauciest with Norma. It drives me a bit crazy, but I let it ride. They're big kiddies and can fight their own battles, especially when they start them themselves!

Norma's lost 45lbs in 18 months. She is a motivation and an inspiration.

4 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

What gorgeous pictures, Cricket. It sounds like a lovely time.

Anonymous said...

Looks very nice and quiet and peaceful.

Why do we park in driveways and drive in parkways....your header made that come to mind.

Cricket said...

e-e, I don't know if this is universal, but around here they have Kiss and Rides for drop offs at the train/airport and Park and Ride for the riders. I got the title from the latter, but appreciate you making me think of how funny driveways and parkways are.

Thanks, Auntie Becky. It is so lush and cool. I always appreciate the temperature drop there.

brite69 said...

I want that turtle!

Great pictures, too! :-P