Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Have lots to say, but little energy for typing

Got this email from Chris late last evening. He is such a sweetheart:
````````````````````
Hi Cricket,
This is really bad. I've been in a depression for about 2 months. It lifted yesterday, very abruptly as it does, but it seems to be closing down again. I needed to communicate with you in some way while I can and I don't seem to have the courage to call. Clearly I'm not yet ready to date and am truly sorry to have missed the opportunity to have gotten to know you even better than I have. If you are so inclined, I would be thrilled to stay in touch but certainly understand if you need to move on. Most likely you've already done so. It really sucks that I can't seem to shake this. The only good thing is that it seems to have no effect on my sobriety. I've missed you and I would like to talk to you but I just am so ashamed.
Yours,
Chris
````````````````````
Imagine this. An honest guy. He seriously needs a hug.

I called him immediately and he was so relieved. He's had so much stress that he has wallowed. He sounded better on the phone than he sounded in the note. What vulnerability. Amazing.

`````````````````````````````````````
ETA: School started today and my son was actually eager for it. He'll learn about when he begins violin this week. I am psyched about that and it will deserve its own blog entry.

If you'll excuse the typos, I'll try to blog more. I have a dr appt tomorrow to see about the tiredness, spaciness, and tadaaaa why my left leg has been shaking for over a week. I want my old self back, especially b/c I have a big EEG workshop coming up - a week in a chair taking notes and learning technical gibberish. Ug. I keep reminding myself that this IS what I want to do, then I think of the fun art classes beginning the next week.

Speaking of which, I have a grand set of oils. I am a real artist now b/c I finally have oils, no matter that I don't know how to use them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a keeper for at least a good friend. More who knows?
poor guy, you hate to hear anyone suffering like that.
He is lucky that you are his friend.

Anonymous said...

Aww, what a sweet note!

I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

He sounds really nice :)

h2o girl said...

Dude, you are a real artist already! I so love it when you post your creations.