Monday, June 18, 2007

Julian Pl


Entry Sentry

I went out Saturday afternoon and painted for about 1.5 hours. I used Art Spectrum paper for the first time in a while - have been using gray pastel board 8x10. This one is on elephant color and is 8.5x11.

I think the original looks much better. I have gotten to where my paintings really have a depth and glow from a middle distance. It is a cool thing to be able to do.

Near my house, there is so much construction that it is sad. These bushes are at an entry to a house that no longer exists. Almost all the houses along this section of road have been torn down and are awaiting their mega-mansions. Apparently, this one is part of a combined 10 acre block with some other empty properties.

Well, they're not really empty. Some beautiful trees, shrubs, and vistas remain. And my goal is to depict them with grace, before the bull dozers come.
ETA: I just drove by there and they cut all the trees down today.
These bushes remain.
For now.

No comments: