Saturday, March 29, 2008

Saturday Scavenger Hunt: Old

I went around all day thinking I'd already posted. Ooops! For today, OLD! To clarify, old people and old pictures, one of which I took.

Here's who my mother learned all her tricks from, her Greek father, who died about 15 years ago of well earned lung cancer:

In a picture taken by J when he was about 6 years old, here are three generations; my grandmother died last Spring when she was almost 87 years old:
These are some old genealogy pictures, probably related to ex's family, and I have no idea who they are:






This is one of my favorite old pictures ever - my fire-headed ex-MIL with her incredible Daddy in the background.

This is my gggg grandmother. I posted her husband previously.

And this is their daughter. She is the g g'ma of my grandmother shown above.


Here's my father accompanying his mother during the funeral for his father about a year and a half ago. I was struck by how old they looked; she's my last grandparent and nutty as a loon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what great old pictures!!! I love looking at these.

Anonymous said...

I love the old photos. You did a good job again finding images for "the hunt". You always give 100% effort and that is a great quality.

laura b. said...

Those are wonderful! I want to grab that little doll-like girl perched on the arm of the chaise and tell her to be careful :-)

NoRegrets said...

Funerals do that to people...