Monday, March 24, 2008

Tip

Don't buy the new Coppertone Continuous Spray, unless you realize that you must treat it like any other suntan lotion and rub it in, plus have help with your back. The spray feature does not make it special. In fact, it lulls you into thinking that spraying will be enough.

Here I am on Monday, with a burn on my back so severe that it still hurts from last Wednesday, and I know this product does not work the way it appears to, although I loved the theory of it. Don't trust that the luxury of being able to spray your back on your own will be enough.

Oh yeah, consider what happens when you spray suntan lotion in the wind. Lotta good it does.

However, I sprayed my back indoors, Miss Sun Phobic who preps ahead of time for the sun due to extreme sun sensitivity, and it still didn't work.

Save your money. I trashed it on the ship.

9 comments:

brite69 said...

YAY! Welcome back!

NoRegrets said...

Oh, I know how you feel. I used the spray stuff for a little bit. For me though, it's just because I'm cheap. I wouldn't spray it on thick enough just to save some. Ugh, horrible sunburn.

Cricket said...

We found it hard to keep the button pressed, so the thing would sputter and be uneven. Funny, the can specifically claims the exact opposite.

Aunt Becky said...

I got a 2nd degree burn last time I was in Mexico. I feel your pain, Miss Crix.

Anonymous said...

Oh ye of fair skin....you burn so quickly.

I am lucky in that I inherited a slightly darker German tone. It takes a lot for me to burn.

Anonymous said...

Actually Coppertone doesn't work-period. Doesn't have the correct ingrediants or something...but its one of the worst brands of sunblock out there.

Too bad about the sunburn, I have pretty fair skin so I've had my share.

Tara said...

Welcome back from the cruise!

I have yet to find a sunblock that I'm not allergic to, so until then I guess I'll burn like I do so well.

Anonymous said...

Us redheads never tan, usually burn. I stopped trying along time ago.

Cricket said...

I cannot imagine being allergic to it. I need it to be outside. Period. Tara, I feel for you.

Melissa, I hear ya, but I burn many times worse than my red headed son. He has had only two minor burns in his life, to include a lot of time outside playing baseball. His skin, I wish I had it. I'm not sure which of us is more the exception!